RARA-AVIS: git/TJ Parker

From: Carrie Pruett ( pruettc@hotmail.com)
Date: 14 Jun 2002

>Should have added that I think Alf Garnett was transposed to US TV as
> >Archie Bunker (??)

and "scouse git" was apparently transposed to US TV as "meathead." see what I mean, just not the same :)

obligatory on-topic: just finished "Red Light" by T. Jefferson Parker. Good stuff. It's interesting that this is a completely different kind of book from "Blue Hour" yet the characterizations are pretty consistent. There are a few annoying cliches involved in revealing the mystery - can we never have the killer hold the heroine at gunpoint and explain his whole plan again? please? - but the good definitely outweighs the bad in this book.

carrie
-

He got thirty years for lovin' her/ from some Oklahoma governor,/ who said
"everything this doughboy does is wrong" - Tom Waits