RE: RARA-AVIS: Peter Robinson

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 13 Jun 2002

carrie said:

there are no libraries where you live? ;) I'm not sure if you're saying Robinson isn't something you'd like; if so I wouldn't write him off just because he doesn't fit in the hard-boiled box.

we've got a really nice library in bloomington, which seems to have absolutely zero books for me. there is no charles willeford, no charles williams. they prob- ably have some of the robinson titles, but i have odd reading habits, too. i have a book or two at work, a book at home, and a book out on the boat that i'm reading, and i like to read at my own pace, so the library isn't a very good option for me. right now i'm reading gresham's nightmare alley, slim's pimp, himes's cotton comes to harlem, and gores's cases. some books i devour in a couple days. some i have to walk away from for a while. it looks like _cases_ is going to fall into the first category; _pimp_ definitely fell into the second.

and your (and others') description interested me in the robinson books. i think i'll try the one you recom- mended (hafta reread your post to get the title) that comes before "cold".

miker