Re: RARA-AVIS: The mystery of the Six Silver Handles & others

From: Scott Owen (
Date: 13 Jun 2002

>I just got a copy of Geoffrey Homes's Six Silver Handles.

I haven't read THE SIX SILVER HANDLES, but based on other stabs I've made at Homes's oeuvre, BUILD MY GALLOWS HIGH is the stuff. I suspect that this was the one book Mainwaring wrote for himself; the others seem to have been tailored to meet the commercial aspects of the mainstream mystery market.

Colby's THE CAPTAIN MUST DIE is a nice read, too. Good find!