Re: RARA-AVIS: Influences: Nathanael West

From: Buzz ( BuzzMeeks@attbi.com)
Date: 12 Jun 2002

Mr.T wrote:

> Next is Nelson Algren, whose work is staring at me from the
> library.

Now there's a slam dunk in the noir category. I was particularly impressed with his short story collection "The Neon Wilderness". Dark, seedy, desperate. Great stuff.

I thought the book "Man with the Golden Arm" although beautifully written, dragged a bit, but the flick with a surprisingly convincing performance by Sinatra is really worth seeing.

Brad