Re: RARA-AVIS: Influences: Nathanael West

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 12 Jun 2002

. Never having read any
> West, I can't comment. But I like the sound of "Miss Lonelyhearts".
Would
> this be a good place to start?
>
> Al Guthrie

As good as any, I'd think, but I also don't think you'd go wrong with any of them. They are some of the greatest black comedies written in modern times, IMO, & near enough to noir for my tastes but they are also such god books it's a moot point anyway. Certainly reading MISS LONELYHEARTS will let you know if you'd want to read the others & is probably the most accessible read, if memory serves.

Rene