RE: RARA-AVIS: a damn good kiss

From: Anthony Dauer ( anthony.dauer@verizon.net)
Date: 07 Jun 2002

Like I said, I must have missed those ... none of the characters are developed any more than you'd expect considering the context and perspective of the stories. They don't and we don't need to know any more about them.

--
Anthony Dauer
Alexandria, Virginia

Second Annual Country Noir Issue
http://www.adau.net/judas_ezine/
-----Original Message----- From: Rene Ribic Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 12:27 PM
IMO, realism wasn't Chandler's strong suit. Admitedly, it's been a long time since I read any of the Chandler novels but I recall the female characters as being rather one dimensional. I will concede that it's quite possible there are exceptions but offhand I can't recall any.