Re: RARA-AVIS: The Ax that Hooks you...

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 03 Jun 2002

Add my praise of The Ax. I recently gave a copy to laid off friend. However, I waited until she had found a new position before giving it to her. I didn't want to be responsible if she decided to follow the all too sensible plan.

Bill B said:

"In a word it is the most brilliantly amoral book I've ever read. Makes Cain seem as a wimp."

What about Caine?

Those who liked The Ax might want to check out the movie Shock to the System, in which Michael Caine uses similar tactics to climb the corporate ladder. The screenplay was by Andrew Klavan, who also wrote a nice series about a newspaperman under the name Keith Peterson.

Mark