Re: RARA-AVIS: rabe and westlake

From: Buzz ( BuzzMeeks@attbi.com)
Date: 03 Jun 2002

I found "The Hook" disappointing and kind of flat, especially after reading Westlake's "The Ax". The premise offered all sorts of intriguing possibilites, virtually all of which are ignored in favor of a quite obvious and unimaginative ending, IIRC. I think I'm in the minority on this one, but I'd opt for "The Ax" instead, a great book.

Brad