Re: RARA-AVIS: re :Classics on CD

From: Ann Chambers Theis ( theisa@co.chesterfield.va.us)
Date: 03 Jun 2002

Commuters Library has a nice selection of classics on CD as well as on tape. http://www.commuterslibrary.com/

Recorded Books and Chivers also have a range of classics in both formats. http://www.recordedbooks.com/

Most libraries will carry titles from at least one of the major vendors like Recorded Books, Books on Tape, Chivers, Blackstone, etc. Most of these vendors carry some classics. Our library system is gradually shifting from tape to cd format, over a period of several years.

I just ordered a series of titles by Raymond Chandler on CD for our library system - from New Millenium, read by Elliot Gould. Release dates range from Feb to June 2002.

Ann Chambers Theis, Collection Management Administrator Chesterfield County Public Library, P.O. Box 297 or 9501 Lori Rd. Chesterfield, VA 23832 VOICE: 804-748-1760 FAX: 804-751-4679 E-MAIL: theisa@co.chesterfield.va.us Overbooked: http://www.overbooked.org