Re: RARA-AVIS: Reprinting the lost classics

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 02 Jun 2002

<<I'm thinking specifically about my personal fave, Fredric

Brown, a man who has been poorly served by the reprinters.>>

I agree,and would add William Campbell Gault to the list of excellent authors whose work is entirely out of print. A noir msterpiece such as _Death Out of Focus_ should be readily available (it *was* reprinted as part of the Gorman-Pronzini anthologies, but *that's* out of print by now). Then there's _Don't Cry For Me_ and so many others... A real shame.

Since I'm ranting: how about the work of Malcolm Braly? Tough, suspenseful, hardboiled work in the best tradition, totally forgotten and likely to remain so. Ideal for an omnibus, only who will risk publishing it?

Best,

MrT