Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: London bookstores

From: Scott Owen ( scottaowen@hotmail.com)
Date: 31 May 2002

I just got back from a quick trip to London, and found the bookstores on Charing Cross Road to be (with the exception of Murder One): malodorous and mediocre. However, there is a small lane off CC (Grace Lane?) that is lined with serious antiquarian stores that is well worth a stroll. I scored a Gerald Kersh and a pair of Thomas Burkes that have never been reprinted in the States. It was worth the trip (and they cost more than my hotel.)

--Scott