Re: RARA-AVIS: Reprinting the lost classics

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 31 May 2002

> Speaking of reissues of forgotten stuff, I recently found
> _The Red Right Hand_ by Joel Townsley Rogers (on Blue
> Murder), a very good suspense novel that. Are there other
> Rogers titles worth reissuing?
>
> Regards,
>
> MrT

According to the author info in the Blue Murder ed. Rogers only wrote 3 other novels which also "display an intense dreamlike atmosphere which strongly questions reality" so it sounds like they may be worth checking out. However, I own a pb published by Australian exploitation publishers Beacon (who used the same logo as the US pb's of same name) titled LOVE GODDESS which purports to be by Joel Townsley Rogers. If it is the same author, it would appear that he wrote at least 5 books (as well as stories for the pulps & slicks). I have found the blurbs on Blue Murder books to be inaccurate more than once, so who knows what the story is in this particular instance. THE RED RIGHT HAND is a nice book, I agree. I'd also be curious if anyone has read any of his other novels
(& also whether he ever sold anything to sleaze publishers such as Beacon - US or Australia) & what people thought.

Rene