Re: RARA-AVIS: Reprinting the lost classics

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 30 May 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Buzz" < BuzzMeeks@attbi.com> To: < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Sent: Friday, May 31, 2002 11:50 AM Subject: RARA-AVIS: Reprinting the lost classics

> I'm just curious what long-out-of-prints books list members would love
> see reprinted? Certainly there has to be a bountiful group of
deserving
> candidates. Personally, I'd like to see Elliot Chaze' "Black Wings Has
My
> Angel" and the book "Detour" by Martin Goldsmith.

Off the top of my head (well, almost) here's my list - not because these are fabulous books that I want to share with the world but because I've never read them & I would really love to read them:

BLACK WINGS HAS MY ANGEL - Elliot Chaze DRIVEN - Richard Gehmen SIN PIT - Paul Meskill SHAKE HIM TILL HE RATTLES - Malcolm Braly PLAN B - Chester Himes SLEEP WITH THE DEVIL - Day Keene SOMEONE IS BLEEDING - Richard Matheson THE DAMNATION OF ADAM BLESSING - Vin Packer JUDGE ME NOT -John D MacDonald THE BROTHERHOOD OF VELVET - David Karp

I could go on but that's already a large enough slab of noir to keep me occupied for a few rainy weekends.

Rene