RARA-AVIS: Biker Wars

From: T.Kent Morgan ( tkmorgan@shaw.ca)
Date: 28 May 2002

You don't have to be in Montreal, Boston or Philly to find biker wars; we have them right here in the Canadian prairies. Since the Hell's Angels came to town a couple of years ago and essentially took over the most powerful of the local biker gangs, there have been several killings and shootings involving the Angels, their street gang, the Zig Zag Crew, and their wannabees and what's left of another biker gang. Members have been found executed, gang locations have been bombed, and a shooting took place on the longest street in Canada, the TransCanada Highway, i.e., Portage Ave in Winnipeg. A couple of weeks ago a Zig Zag Crew drug dealer was found shot to death on a church grounds just a few minutes from my home. And I live in River Heights, long considered to be one of the safest areas of the city. Funny, most people don't seem to be concerned.

Kent Morgan in the murder capital of Canada (per capita) according to some stats