Re: RARA-AVIS: Recent readings & what to read next

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 28 May 2002

> Haven't read GBH, but there was a very good British TV miniseries a
few
> years ago, starring Michael Palin (of Monty Python fame) as a
headmaster of
> a school for children with special needs who eventually comes under
seige.
> I didn't know it was based on a book. Does it look like the same
story?

> Karin

I vaguely recall the mini-series(I only caught part of it) but it's not based on this book. This one was written by Ted Lewis, who wrote JACK'S RETURN HOME (aka GET CARTER). The blurb reads, in part: "... a porn king with a priceless & far reaching empire is on the run from the mob..." so it looks very much like GET CARTER territory. GET CARTER I liked a lot, JACK CARTER'S LAW was nothing special although interesting to see the earlier relationships of some of the key characters from GET CARTER. I should have GBH read by Brit Noir month, I was just curious if others have read this one.

Rene