Re: RARA-AVIS: crime/anti-crime (was long post on spillane - now long post on Woolrich)

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 27 May 2002

<<Count me in on that one. Extreme situations any day. Al, have you read any Jason Starr? He writes just the kind of novels I like to read - urban everymen (on the surface) driven to dark situations that just get darker...>>

Yes, what a fine writer Starr is... he has the suppleness, the ear and the stealth of the great noir writers. Also, he shows full control of his material, which is not that common in the noir field. Unfortunately, he is not yet well known outside of specialized reader's circles such as ours.

Best,

MrT