Re: RARA-AVIS: Laura

From: James Reasoner ( james53@flash.net)
Date: 25 May 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peedie Monk" < peediemonk@ukonline.co.uk> To: < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Sent: Friday, May 24, 2002 6:14 AM Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Laura

Hi, Al. Whittington's books as Ashley Carter aren't really romance novels. Most of them belong to the now-vanished genre known as plantation novels and are set in the pre-Civil War American South. Lots of violence and general, all-around sleaziness. Whittington is such a solid storyteller that I enjoyed the books, though they're nowhere near as good as his mysteries and suspense novels.

James