Re: RARA-AVIS: 1st & 3rd

From: WordRunner@aol.com
Date: 24 May 2002

In a message dated 5/24/02 9:27:54 AM, coggins@immortalgame.com writes:

<< Also, for what it's worth, I think it's one of the hardest ways to write a

book. There are no "cheats" to convey emotion--you have to work hard to give

the reader the sense of what the character is feeling without telling him or

her outright >>

    I agree, but it also makes it easier for the writer who is trying to establish a dispassionate or non-judgmental feeling to the telling of the story. Some of the coldest serial killer tales are laid out this way and the deeds convey the sense of horror.

                                        Jim Blue