Re: RARA-AVIS: more recently bought

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 24 May 2002

> Anybody recommend any of these:
>
> Gerald Butler - Mad With Much Heart
> Jack Ehrlich - Court Martial
> Day Keene - Dead In Bed
> John D MacDonald - The Last One Left
> William McGivern - Night Extra
> Whit Masterson - Killer With A Badge
> Mickey Spillane - The Last Cop Out
> Charles Williams - Finally, Sunday (aka Confidentially Yours, aka The
Long
> Saturday Night)
>
> Al Guthrie

IIRC the John D. book is one of the books of his I read that I particularly liked. The Williams book is good but I've read others of his I've liked better. I haven't read the particular Keene book, at least not under that title, but I've found everything I've read of his to be entertaining at least & some of it is first rate stuff (HOME IS THE SAILOR comes to mind) so personally I'd put all 3 of those high on the to be read pile as I'm a fan of each of those authors.
(If I haven't already said so, welcome to the list, Al).

Rene