Re: RARA-AVIS: Tall Tales of Spenser

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 22 May 2002

> In Pale Kings and Princes, since the Nautilus only went to 280,
> Spenser does 12 reps at 280, then sets the machine at 230 and does 12
more,
> then sets it at 200 and does 12 more:
>
> "...I got off the machine and took in some air, and shrugged my
> shoulders a little."
>
> I don't have a reference off the top of my head for 320, but one
> could infer an ability to press 320 from the above description. Pretty
tough
> for an old guy.

yup! i was clueless and thought the subject was marlowe. spenser is indeed a strong tough guy. i believe that in the godwulf manuscript he answers a question about his flattened nose by saying a ranked heavy- weight did it to him. even if he got his nose flattened, i'd say climbing into the ring would be pretty tough under those circumstances.

miker