RE: RARA-AVIS: Poodle Springs

From: Anthony Dauer ( anthony.dauer@verizon.net)
Date: 21 May 2002

I like the movie as is, but I agree that Paul Newman could have done an excellent job too.

--
Anthony Dauer
Alexandria, Virginia

http://www.adau.net/judas_ezine/
"...many's the time I tried drinking myself to Bolivia. And nine times out ten I wound up in Cleveland."
--Lawrence Block, "The Devil Knows You're Dead"
-----Original Message----- From: Jack Bludis Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 5:23 PM
The book was tired, the movie even more tired, but don't you think Paul Newman could have done a hell of a job as Marlowe the elder.
Nobody plays dynamic old guys like Newman--because he knows he's old and doesn't try to play it older.