RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: Chandler/Poodle Springs

From: Forstater, Mathew ( ForstaterM@umkc.edu)
Date: 21 May 2002

>judging by the work of many of the contributers to Raymond Chandler's
>Philip Marlowe [RCPM], I'd say any number of them could have done a
much better job than Parker.

Actually, although I found the pieces in RCPM entertaining, and interesting in terms of seeing how different folks respond to such an assignment, I wouldn't even call most of the contributions full-blown
"stories". They were more like mood pieces or exercises or vignettes or something. The best way I can explain it is that most of them ended abruptly, prematurely. Mat