Re: RARA-AVIS: copperheads and cottonmouths

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 20 May 2002

Yeah, all the copperheads I've seen (they are very common here in the Blue Ridge Mountains) have been kind of sluggish.

On the other hand, if you step on it, or touch it while you're rock climbing, you're very likely to get bitten. The bite won't usually kill a grownup, but it can cause a lot of trouble. A kid, especially a small one, could die from the venom.

I've seen cottonmouths twice. I don't want anything to do with them -- both times I left them a card with Joe Gores's phone number.

Regards,

MrT