RE: RARA-AVIS: THE FINAL COUNTRY

From: luca ( luca.conti@spacespa.it)
Date: 20 May 2002

I've recently spent three months translating THE FINAL COUNTRY into Italian. It will be out next September. So, I must've read the book about ten times, and I definitely loved it. Sure, it's not another LAST GOOD KISS, but for my money it's the second best Crumley novel.

What I liked most is the grotesque tone of the book: a big inside joke, as Mark correctly points out, that makes fun of many commonplaces of old and not so old detective stories, even to the point of using disguises, fake beards and so on :-)

Luca

Luca Conti

luca.conti8@tin.it luca.con@tiscalinet.it