Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Parker

From: Jeanheller@aol.com
Date: 19 May 2002

In a message dated 5/19/02 5:05:53 PM, BaxDeal@aol.com writes:

<< Mantegna is actually a Chicago boy. >>

John,

I don't know how a Chicago boy acts, but certainly not like a Boston boy. I was really just agreeing with the general opinion that Chicago, New York or L.A., Mantegna isn't the right guy to play Spenser. I didn't think Robert Urich was, either, but he grew on me. He didn't grow on Robert Parker, though. Nor did Avery Brooks. Parker told me once he thought Brooks read Hawk as too angry. From my perspective, Brooks embodied everything I had stored in my mind about Hawk for 15 years. I thought he couldn't have been more perfect.

Jean heller