RARA-AVIS: Carl Hiassen

From: Brian Thornton ( tieresias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 19 May 2002

I haven't seen The Miami Herald's *other* resident funny guy (after Dave Barry) mentioned here. Any read any of his mystery stuff? "Lucky You" is good, and man oh man, if you haven't laughed yourself silly over the
"hitman-with-a-skin-condition-trading-acts-of-violence-for-piecemeal-dermabr asion-by-a-desperate-and-shady-plastic-surgeon" subplot in "Skin Tight", you owe it to yourself. I re-read that book once per year, twice if I get unduly depressed. Talk about black comedy.

Brian