RARA-AVIS: Steve Hamilton

From: Larson, Craig ( Craig.Larson@tsjc.cccoes.edu)
Date: 17 May 2002

>Winter of the Wolf Moon by Steve Hamilton -- I really liked the first.
>Mark

I thought this was the best book of the series--one of the few to have an actual mystery at the core, and the relationship between the hero and his somewhat bumbling "partner" who turns out to have a real talent as a PI was fun. I've been very disappointed by books three and four in this series, which, as Carrie noted in a post, really don't seem to be going anywhere. Our reluctant hero is constantly being dragged into situations where he's forced to become a detective. I'm starting to wish Hamilton would just buckle down and let him be a detective. Or else let him hide away in his resort cabins and forget about trying to continue this series.

Craig Larson Trinidad, CO