RARA-AVIS: RE: Movie better than book

From: dlochte ( dlochte@adelphia.net)
Date: 16 May 2002

Here are a few that I think fit the category:

Orson Welles' "Touch of Evil," adapted from Whit Masterson's "Badge of Evil." Kurosawa's "High and Low," adapted from Ed McBain (Evan Hunter)'s
"King's Ransom." John Huston's "Beat the Devil," adapted by Truman Capote from James Helvick's novel of the same name. Alfred Hitchcock's
"To Catch A Thief," adapted from the David Dodge novel. The books are worth reading, particularly the Helvick, but they're not quite in the same league as the movies. By and large, I think all the Bond movies are better than the books.

Dick Lochte