RARA-AVIS: The Godfather and LA Confidential

From: Bludis Jack ( buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 15 May 2002

OK, let me get into a lot of trouble with everybody:

I'm like an editor, if I don't like the first couple of pages I quit. I thought Elroy's style was virtually unreadable. I even tried it again after I saw and liked the movie.

I don't see that GODFATHER the movie was any better than the book. I thought they were virtually interchangable--except for the delition of a lot of backstory in the movie.

I think Clemenza's life story was a yawn that was set up to make his death more acceptable to the reader.

Both GODFATHERs were excellent and both book and movie are in my to ten.

Puzo could spin a tale.

Jack Bludis

===== THE BIG SWITCH, by Jack Bludis http://designimagegroup.com/bigswitch.html Coming in September: THE DEAL KILLER
"New Guy on the Block" in MYSTERY STREET