RARA-AVIS: Benjamin M. Schutz

From: Forstater, Mathew ( ForstaterM@umkc.edu)
Date: 15 May 2002

Just finished Mexico is Forever by Benjamin M. Schutz, which I picked up in the local used bookstore for a couple bucks (hardback, excellent condition). This is the first thing I've read by him and I thought it was both pretty good and pretty distinctive (in terms of style and the personality of the lead character--Leo Haggerty). It was interesting in that the same style and personality also came very close to getting on my nerves, but never quite got there. So it was sort of like the author was pushing the limits on these.

I don't remember seeing Schutz' name on the list. What are others' opinion of his stuff? Are the rest of the series pretty much similar to this one? Has he done anything outside ofthis series?

Mat