Re: RARA-AVIS: Hemingway, Hammett, Chandler and Parker

From: George Upper ( gcupper3@yahoo.com)
Date: 15 May 2002

--- Brian Thornton < tieresias@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> >I'm not familiar with J.F. Cooper

Sorry, my fault. I'm probably the only one on the planet who calls James Fenimore Cooper (THE DEERSLAYER, THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS, etc.) by his first initials. I only do it because I can never remember whether he spelled 'Fenimore' with one 'n' or two.

Some English major. Oh, and by the way, a general note: I have finished my M.A. Part of my thesis included a paper entitled "Toil and Trouble: The Double in Southern Detective Fiction" or something like that, featuring Travis McGee and Dave Robicheaux.

I walk on Sunday. All are invited to lift a beer in my honor.

G.

===== George C. Upper III, Editor The Lightning Bell Poetry Journal http://www.lightningbell.org/