Re: RARA-AVIS: Movies Better Than Books

From: Buzz ( BuzzMeeks@attbi.com)
Date: 15 May 2002

Have to disagree with you there. Although I consider the movie L. A. Confidential an excellent adaptation of the book, IMO it doesn't compare to the original. I found the book more nuanced, richer in both character and detail and not at all prone to the wordy excesses found in some of Ellroy's later work. Yes, the book is stylistic, but it works, enhancing the overall effect instead of distracting from it.

Brad, who has yet to read "My Dark Places".