Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Michael Connelly

From: Peedie Monk ( peediemonk@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: 15 May 2002

For me, "The Last Coyote" is the best Michael Connelly by some distance. It's the one where Bosch opens the "cold" file on his prostitute mother's killing (I read somewhere that, because of the obvious parallels to Ellroy's real life, Connelly asked for - and received - Ellroy's blessing to use that particular plotline). It's languid, almost lazy style (the opposite of Ellroy's bullet verb-driven style), works brilliantly.

Al Guthrie