Re: RARA-AVIS: New member

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 14 May 2002

Jeremy wrote:

> I have a few E Howard Hunt novels written under
> pseudonyms, but I haven't read them yet. I followed
> them from the back of a Mark Hood novel. I realise
> that Hunt has written hundreds of novels - which are
> the best? Would they classify as hard-boiled at all?

I haven't read any yet but I would think most of the paperback originals from the 1950's especially those published by Gold Medal such as THE VIOLENT ONES & THE JUDAS HOUR would be, as well as other GM's written under other names - I would imagine any of the stuff before the spy novels probably would be HB. Rare-bird Bill Crider would probably be the fellow to know for sure. Are you "listening", Bill?

Rene