Re: RARA-AVIS: Michael Connelly

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 14 May 2002

I wouldn't say that Connelly is all that great on characterization. He is a master of suspense.

My favorites are _The Black Echo_ and _The Concrete Blonde_. I was disappointed by _Blood Work_. This is a very pleasant kind of disappointment: the suspense was so gripping that I couldn't put the book down.

I read Connelly for the same reasons I watch Hitchcock, for the suspense and the superb technique, not the depth of his characters. For that, there is T. Jefferson Parker, another Californian who packs a punch.

Best regards,

MrT