Re: RARA-AVIS: Blood Work -- true story?

From: Jan Long ( janlong821@earthlink.net)
Date: 11 May 2002

Mark Sullivan wrote:

> Today's Washington Post Weekend section lists the summer's upcoming
> movies. It's description of Blood Work (Aug 9 in DC) says: "The
> movie's based on Michael Connelly's 1998 novel of the same title, which
> was inspired by a true story." A true story? I never heard that.

Mark,

At a joint signing he did with George Pelecanos here in LA last year, Michael Connelly talked about this. Here's a link to a page on his website with more information and an interview with the friend of his who was the real-life heart recipient:

http://www.michaelconnelly.com/Book_Collection/Blood_Work/Terry_Hansen_Interview/terry_hansen_interview.html

Hope this helps,

Jan