Re: RARA-AVIS: Orion's MasterWorks...

From: Peedie Monk ( peediemonk@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: 09 May 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Clinton" < clinton65@att.net> To: < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 6:14 PM Subject: RARA-AVIS: Orion's MasterWorks...

> From: "Peedie Monk" < peediemonk@ukonline.co.uk>
> > By the way, Orion have a new imprint called Crime MasterWorks. They've
> > opened with 9 (I think) titles, at least half of which are HB, and have
33
> > planned for the entire series. From what I remember, there are several
> > Woolrich's lined up.
>
> Any idea where one can find out more about this? Tried searching
Amazon.uk
> with "Orion" as the publisher, and "masterworks" as a keyword...and
nothing.
> Do they have a website?
>
> Ron Clinton

http://www.twbooks.co.uk/crimescene/orioncrimmw.html has a listing of the first lot. Orion do have a web site but it's totally uninformative. My memory wasn't that hot in regard to Woolrich. He only has one title in the offing: Nightwebs, a collection of twelve shorts, due to be published in August (source: my local bookstore). But iBooks has published a few in the last year (Rear Window, Bride Wore Black, Phantom Lady).

Al Guthrie