Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V4 #287

From: Kerry ( gsp.schoo@skylinc.net)
Date: 08 May 2002

At 08:50 AM 5/9/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello Everyone!
>
>My name is Rich Sawicki and I'm new to RARA-AVIS. I've been lurking for a
>little over a week, trying to get the hang of the system. I must say that
>the postings are definitely a cut above the usual material that you find on
>BBs. Very thoughtful and insightful. I live in Buffalo which imho is an
>incredibly hard boiled city.

Hi Rich, and I'll second that. My favourite Buffalo watering hole was the wing-famous Anchor Bar with the tellys tuned to cameras in the parking lot so patrons could keep track of their vehicles. Oh the nights I've wasted with Dodee Green. Alas, exchange rates, combined with my second-favourite cross-border wing destination, Honey's, opening a franchise here in the Hammer, have curtailed such hands-on cultural explorations.

As for texts, I've read a number of references to Buffalo in HB books, mostly supporting the notion that it's a good place to be from, but can't recall any that actually take place in the city. Who, please, will correct this gap in my education?

Kerry

------------------------------------------------------ Literary events Calendar (South Ont.) http://www.lit-electric.com The evil men do lives after them http://www.murderoutthere.com