RARA-AVIS: ordering from UK: Al

From: Carrie Pruett ( pruettc@hotmail.com)
Date: 09 May 2002

this is a great tip, thanks! i've been using amazon UK or Canadian sources to get British titles but I never thought of asking at the local bookstore. duh. i'll give it a shot.

>In the UK, chain bookstores don't charge for customer orders. They also
don't charge postage/shipping for overseas orders (primarily because US wholesalers ship bulk orders for free). I don't know if this is a reciprocal arrangement (in the UK, Borders don't charge), but I see no reason why not. If so, you could probably save a lot in postage by using your bookstore to order the books for you.

Al Guthrie

-

He got thirty years for lovin' her/ from some Oklahoma governor,/ who said
"everything this doughboy does is wrong" - Tom Waits