Re: RARA-AVIS: convention vs clich鼯H1> From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 07 May 2002

In a message dated 5/7/02 2:21:21 AM, gcupper3@yahoo.com writes:

<< If one utilizes established genre conventions, ie:
> first person pov, femme
> fatales, psychotic sidekicks, is one automatically
> trafficking in clich鳿
> If so, does putting a unique spin on said convention
> eradicate the clich鿠

John,

You posted this a while ago, but I saved it because I think it's a good question and I figured it was likely to generate some good conversation. I was surprised that it didn't, but perhaps it got lost in the nominating and voting for the Top 100 Plus 11. >>

I thought more people would have thoughts on this too. I'm still wondering. I suppose just doing it well and avoiding predictable plot twists helps. And your point that there are after all, only a few POV choices one can make is a good one.

John Lau