RARA-AVIS: Edward Anderson - Thieves Like Us

From: W VR ( wvr12@yahoo.com)
Date: 06 May 2002

Hi all, I just finished Edward Anderson's 'Thieves Like Us'. Great read, that was tough and colloquial! But I have a question about the ending and figured this was the place so...

Spoiler

*

*

*

*

At the end the newspaper account reports the 'Laws' were tipped off and someone was being released from prison in exchange. Was Mattie the person to tip off the authorities in exchange for the release of her husband? I think I have it but would appreciate anyone clearing that up if I misunderstood. Thanks in advance

*

*

*

*