RARA-AVIS: James McKimmey

From: Peedie Monk ( peediemonk@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: 04 May 2002

I've been able to find little information on James McKimmey anywhere. Which is a pain, since he's fast becoming one of my favourite authors and I'd like to find out as much as I can about him. This is what I know/suspect. He might have been born in 1923. The bulk of his work seems to have been written between 1958-68, mainly for Dell (the covers are superb). Further novels published in '72, '81 and '92. (Haven't read them and don't even know if they're by the same guy).

Quote from the back cover of McKimmey's _24 Hours To Kill_
"This man can manipulate tension and character in ways that are beginning to alarm me." John D MacDonald.

Any further info greatly appreciated.

Al Guthrie