RARA-AVIS: APOCALYPSE NOW

From: Bludis Jack ( buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 02 May 2002

In his long post on "Apocalypse Now", Doug made many intersting comments that I agree with, among other things he sadi:

<<<. . .the film now strikes me as something akin to good men's adventure fiction. Lonely, roguish assassin given job that other man has failed at.>>>>

Some of that is true, but I thought of the story as more of a trial than an adventure.

The Sheen character is only following orders that he does not understand, and for him, the mission gets more complicated as he goes along, but he has a job and he's going to do it.

His crew is obeying orders too -- because that's what they do.

The entire thing is surreal, just as the war seemed surreal to many who were there.

Jack Bludis

===== THE BIG SWITCH, by Jack Bludis http://designimagegroup.com/bigswitch.html Coming in September: THE DEAL KILLER