RARA-AVIS: estleman/collins

From: Carrie Pruett ( pruettc@hotmail.com)
Date: 02 May 2002

I can't answer your question about hitman heroes, Craig (though, hmm, Terry Pratchett uses Death as a protagonist, and I was just thinking about the similarities between him and Block's Keller; actually Death is a much nicer guy; not that Pratchett's hardboiled, although he is notoriously hard to genre-ize).

>the Quarry series by Max Allan Collins

Is this related to the "Road to Perdition" movie that Sam Mendes, Tom Hanks, Jude Law, etc are working on?

I'm also wondering about Estleman - he's on my short list of writers to try next but he's got such a lot of books and several different series that I haven't been able to sort out. And I *am* trying so hard to read in orders these days. can anybody give me a primer?

carrie