[spam score 5.00/10.0 -pobox] RARA-AVIS: On publishers: Mason

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 02 May 2002

Just to make this Utterly clear, Winter and Lansdale were serious long before anyone suggested Knopf would publish their work. (And I wonder who else Otto Penzler may bring to C&G.) TM

-----Original Message----- From: Todd Mason I probably repeat myself (something Lansdale may be hoping to avoid), but it's kinda amusing to see Lansdale and Douglas Winter (RUN, and other fine fiction) sign to Knopf (and be treated as "serious" by some just by changing publishers) and see Joyce Carol Oates now be much published by Carroll & Graf (a good, but not wealthy and certainly not seen as "prestigious" publisher)(of course, all the porn they were publishing a few years back may not've helped that, but they've done fine reprints and copublishing with the UK's Robinson).