RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: grass

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 02 May 2002

scatman says: Cheers! I should really get some sort of OED, but they're so expensive and I can't be bobbing down the library every five minutes. It's a shame that Peelers didn't stick around longer, perhaps we might have ended up talking about Potatoes and Super Potatoes. I'm sure I'm being an old stick-in-the-mud but modern slang (and I don't spend much time in prison yards either) doesn't seem as inventive as classic cockney rhymning slang, of which there are several fascinating dictionaries and histories.