RE: RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled Character Traits

From: Anthony Dauer ( anthony.dauer@verizon.net)
Date: 01 May 2002

Let me put it another way ... I'm a minimalist and it's too simplistic for me or in other words it's too general, too wide in scope, etc. The definition covers to many genres to be definitive of hardboiled. Tough and colloquial = Westerns, Teenage Slasher Movies, Young Adult Fantasy
(i.e., Wizard of Oz), Fantasy (i.e., Lord of the Rings), etc.

--
Anthony Dauer
Alexandria, Virginia

2nd Annual Country Noir Issue ...
http://www.adau.net/judas_ezine/
... submit by 4 May 2002
-----Original Message----- From: JIM DOHERTY Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 9:09 PM
That's its greatest asset. Hard-boiled crime fiction is essentially simple and direct. All the definitions that try to make it complicated not only miss the point but are too exclusive.