Re: RARA-AVIS: women in forensic mysteries

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 01 May 2002

Carrie wrote:

> Plus there's the whole
> sex/death/danger/fetishism type of thing. and don't guys want to
think that
> if they end up on a morgue table somewhere they'd rather have Jill
Hennessey
> slicing into them than Jack Klugman?

This is probably one of the very few situations in which I wouldn't care if it was Jill Hennessey or Jack Klugman performing the ministrations.(Not that I know who Jill is but it seems a safe bet that she's more attractive than Jack Klugman.) As to the question of why there are so many attractive young female pathologists in TV/film I suspect it's related to the reason that something like about 80% (arbitrary figure) of serial killers in TV/film turn out to be women (as opposed to less than 0.8% in real life). It sells the shows - or someone thinks it sells. "Reality" only seems to be marketable in "reality" TV shows where we can spy on real people.

Rene