Re: RARA-AVIS: following Horace Greeley's advice.

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 29 Apr 2002

Mark,

Re your questions below:

> Is the Hammett
> tour still being given in SF, and are there any
> other places such as
> bookstores that I should not miss in the last two
> cities?

The Hammett tour requires that you make an appointment. It's no longer a regular weekly event. I'm not sure how appointments are made. There used to be a great San Francsco Mystery Bookstore in Noe Valley at 24th and Diamond. I heard that Bruce Taylor, the founder, closed the place up some time ago and moved to Italy, however. But maybe he just sold it and someone else is running it.

JIM DOHERTY