RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V4 #245

From: Mario Taboada (
Date: 29 Apr 2002

<<My question was facetious. Just as I wonder if there is an expression about a hand on the bird vs. two on the bus.>>

Yes. It is "A hand on the bird is worse (pronounce "woyse", in the Groucho Marx style) than two hands in the bush
(pronounce "hansannabush")". I have heard it attributed to Groucho, like so many funny things. Groucho, or Sid Perelman, or Shell Scott, whatever.